WHAT IS NEURO-SEMANTICS?
Neuro-Semantics is a model, a model about how we create and embody meaning. And, of course, the way we create and embody meaning determines our sense of life and reality, our skills and competencies, and the quality of our experiences. Neuro-Semantics is a more scientific term for mind-body. As a field, Neuro-Semantics utilizes the Meta-States Modelfor understanding our unique kind of consciousness—self-reflexive consciousness. Neuro-Semantics is also an international association of men and women leading out in coaching and training regarding leadership, management, business, and self-actualization.
The International Website of Neuro-Semantics
[From the front page of www.neurosemantics.com]
Experiencing Neuro-Semantics is like taking “the Red Pill.” Neuro-Semantics is designed to enable you to wake up to the Matrix of the frames of your mind so you can discover how to manage your mind, take charge of your life, and make your dreams for greater effectiveness, success, health, and happiness come true as you self-actualize. Are you ready for that?
What is Neuro-Semantics?
Neuro-Semantics is first about performing our highest and best meanings, secondly, about adding richer and more robust meanings to our performances, and thirdly, about transforming and upgrading the embodied meanings we are now performing but which does not enhance our lives or facilitate our resourcefulness.
The semantic part refers to all of the meanings that we create as meaning-makers. How are your meanings? What are your meanings about yourself, others, life, your career, health, wealth, relationships, etc.? What meanings are you seeking to actualize in your life? What meanings have you actualized? How well do the meanings that you are living serve you? How ecological are they?
The neurology part (neuro-) refers to our body, physiology, and states (mental states, emotional states). It is in and through our neurology that we feel, experience, andperform our meanings. What’s in your body? What semantic reactions do you experience in your emotions, states, and skills? Do they reflect your best ideas and meanings? Or is there a big gap between what you know and what you do? With Neuro-Semantics, you are able to close the Knowing-Doing gap.
The Semantic partof Neuro-Semantics refer to our inner games. This is where we create our inner matrix of meaning frames, layers upon layers of meanings that define our inner world.
The Neurology partof Neuro-Semantics refers to our outer games. This is where we actualize our inner meanings. As meaning-makers, we first make meaning and then we perform that meaning in what we do. All of this raises the key questions that we address in Neuro-Semantics.
- If every behavior and response is the performance of meaning, what meanings are you currently performing? What is the quality of that performance? Do you like what you are actualizing or would you like to transform what you are creating in you life?
- If we are meaning-makers and if we all create a mental-emotional Matrix that we live in, what is the quality of meanings that you are now living? Are there any new or higher meanings that you would like to perform? How meaningful is your life? How much significance do you feel every day?
- Do you know how to translate inspiring meanings into everyday actions to close the Knowing-Doing gap?
All of this means that Neuro-Semantics is about unleashing our potentials by mobilizing our best resources. If you are interested in becoming more resourceful, running your own brain, taking charge of your own life, and actualizing all of your incredible latent potentials, you will find the models and patterns of Neuro-Semantics powerful tools and processes.
What will you find in Neuro-Semantics?
- You will find models regarding the nature of our minds, emotions, and bodies.
- You will find patterns for developing greater competence, self-confidence, resourcefulness, and success in careers, health and fitness, and relationships.
- You will find trainings, coaching, and consulting for living more mindfully and intentionally as you adapt to an ever-changing world.
- You will discover the pathway for self-actualization for your best visions and values as you create the richest and most robust meanings for living a meaningful life.
What is the Neuro-Semantic community?
Neuro-Semantics has now spread into over 40 countries around the world as it has been inspiring people with a Vision about how unleashing human potentials and modeling excellence.
First and foremost those who make up the Neuro-Semantic community apply to self. This comes before working with others. We first learn to access our own personal mastery states so we can walk our own talk. Embodying our meanings empowers us to be congruent and authentic in working with others. The inner games we create in our own mind and then facilitate as we take our performances to new levels of excellence and productivity in the outer game.
Where do the Neuro-Semantic models come from?
The models come from the field of the cognitive_behavioral sciences, then from developmental psychology, the neuro_sciences, General |Semantics, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), cognitive linguistics, cybernetics, and system dynamics. As such, Neuro-Semantics is an inter-disciplinary field. The first and core model of Neuro-Semantics is the Meta_States model developed in 1994 by L. Michael Hall, Ph.D. As a newer development of NLP, Neuro-Semantics has added a new level of professional ethics and taken NLP to new levels of development.
Description, Vision, Mission
- What is Neuro-Semantics?
- Where did it come from?
- What’s its foundations, sources, models, and elements?
- What is the Vision of Neuro-Semantics?
Neuro-Semantics is the performance of meaning.
As an idea and model, Neuro-Semantics refers to how we create meaning and live meaning. We live meaning in our mind-body-emotion states. Ultimately, our states are neuro-semantics states—states of our neurology, nervous systems, physiology, and body, states informed and determined by our thoughts, ideas, beliefs, decisions, intentions, in a word, meanings.
Neuro-Semantics is about performing the highest, best, richest, and robust of meanings.
It is about infusing richer, more ecological, more empowering and enhancing of meanings into our performances (e.g., behaviors, actions, skills, activities) so that we take the performances that we engage in to the next level of expertise and mastery.
Neuro-Semantics began with discovering how our self-reflexive thinking-and-feeling system actually works, how we reflect on our first level of meaning construction and build layers of meanings (the Meta-States Model).
In this way the Meta-States Model gave birth to Neuro-Semantics by mapping out the operations of our self-reflexivity. First this revolutionary model led to the re-modeling of many of the facets of NLP:
- The levels and dimensions of meaning in reframing which lead L. Michael Hall to create the seven directions of framing and the Mind-Lines model. This remodeled the “Sleight of Mouth” patterns of NLP.
- The levels and dimensions of time which lead to the 16 dimensions of Time, the book, Adventures in Tme-Lines, and the meta-level model of time that remodeled the original Time-Line model of Richard Bandler.
- The levels and dimensions of our perceptual filters which lead to the discovery of meta meta-programs and the remodeling of the NLP model of Meta-Programs that’s in the book Figuring Out People.
- The meta-level dimension of the cinematic features of our mental representational movies which NLP can mis-labeled as “sub-modalities which was remodeled as a higher dlogical level, as meta-modalities or more simply as the cinematic features and editorial level of our internal movies as described in Sub-Modalities Going Meta and MovieMind.
- The levels and dimensions of modeling which lead to new modeling tools, processes, and techniques as described in NLP Going Meta, Cutlural Modeling, andThe Matrix Model.
- The introduction of the Meta-States model into NLP Practitioner and Master Practitioner training as described in User’s Manual of the Brain, Volumes I and II.
- The levels and dimensions of language that led to the introduction of nine additional Meta-Model distinctions as described in Communication Magic.
In these ways, the Meta-Model of Neuro-Semantics has taken classic NLP to a whole new level, remodeling all three of the meta-models of NLP:
- Language: The Meta-Model
- Representations: The Sub-Modality Model
- Perception: The Meta-Programs Model
Neuro-Semantics as a movement arose from the vision of L. Michael Hall and Neuro-Semantics as International Society arose from the co-founding by Hall and Bodenhamer.
It arose as they used the Meta-States model for multiple applications showing the model’s power and pervasiveness. It arose as they created the original structures for bringing people together under the banner of higher level meanings, abundance, congruence, professionalism, and collaboration. The has given us the seven key wordsof the Vision:
___Collaborative (cooperative, team spirit)
___Congruence (integrity, walking the talk)
___Professional (ethical, business acumen)
Neuro-Semantics is then became a movement and a source of many kinds of self-actualization businesses.
Neuro-Semantics: professional men and women collaboratively discovering and performing the richest of meanings as team players.
Neuro-Semantics: peak performance of the highest and richest of meanings demonstrated in the lives of professionals who collaborate in the spirit of fun and respect.
It’s Vision, Mission, and Values
The vision of Neuro-Semantics is
- To empower people in living life in a highly resourceful and effective way.
- To make explicit the processes for embodying the highest and most inspiring meanings.
- To facilitate enhancing productive performances for peak experiences.
- To apply the highest principles to ourselves and close our personal knowing-doing gaps.
- To facilitate the unleashing of the highest potentials within people.
- To create an international community of professional men and women who love and live Neuro-Semantics and NLP.
- To take NLP models and patterns to the next level in performance and attitude.
- To congruently “walk our talk” and so live with integrity.
- To collaborate and cooperate with others as a good team player.
- To operate from abundance and build win/win collegial relationships.
Our Mission is to model the structure of excellence, expertise, and mastery. We model human experience to extend our understanding and to create increasingly more effective patterns for improving the quality of our lives, families, and organizations. Our aim is to eliminate the knowing-doing gap that prevents the full experiencing of the great ideas and principles. Our mission is to take our skills and experiences to higher levels of personal power and focus, genius states, integrity, creativity, cooperation, resilience, etc.
Our mission is to apply Meta-States to new areas and to develop new models and patterns that affect our health and fitness, wealth creation, leadership, cultural change, political change, etc. In a word, our mission to produce the most robust performance of our highest and most inspiring meanings.
1) Apply to self.
To walk the talk, reflect on our own development, and lead by going first in self-application. Our standard is to be congruent and personally aligned, to increasingly develop our state management skills and practice, to always be learning and improving. The counter values are incongruence, lack of state management, hypocrisy, mere image management.
Monitor behaviors and trainings for congruency.
Attend courses regularly to continue our own education and training.
Let others evaluate and benchmark our work and skills with an attitude of openness to correction.
Resiliently handle upsets and challenges by separating person and behavior.
2) Collaborative cooperation.
To get along with each other, to “play well together,” to be good team members, to contribute and support each other. To respect each other, to recognize the innate value and dignity of others, to accept them and distinguish between person and behavior, to support the person while speaking to the needs of the behavior. The counter values are competition, gossip, backbiting, judgments of person, tri-angling.
Acknowledge the contributions of others.
Give credit for materials, patterns, and models.
Acknowledge the value of others even when we disagree.
Frequently co_lead, co_train, and co_write with others.
Give account of what and how we conduct ourselves as trainers.
Recognize the vital role that I play for the success of the larger vision.
Respond with care and compassion.
Welcome differences and looking for ways of cooperating.
Pace as we respond to people.
3) Peak performances.
To take effective action on what we know, to receive feedback and refine our skills so that we become productive and efficient in our performances. The counter valuesare “talk, talk, talk,” lack of productive action, procrastination, ineffectiveness.
Check quality of our actions and speech for effectiveness and productivity.
Recognize the importance of the keeping our credibility, honor, and legacy.
Create products, patterns, books, trainings that add massive value.
Demonstrate quality product knowledge, development, and service.
Continually refine current products and innovate new ones.
To create richness, wealth, and to lead by going first and showing the way, to give back to others, to contribute, to live knowing that we can do so much more together than alone. The counter values are scarcity, competition, and pettiness.
Refer people to our colleagues.
Share newly created patterns in articles, posts on egroups, etc.
Pay royalties for the training manuals.
Surprise participants and clients by giving more than what’s expected.
Live congruently in a spirit of open generosity.
5)Responsibility and integrity.
To assume personal responsibility for our primary powers (thought and emotion, speech and behavior), to eliminate excuses and rationalizations when we have made a mistake, to take initiate, to be proactive, to recognize our responsibility for our actions and our contributions in relation to others. The counter values are blaming, judging, rationalizing, justifying, etc.
Cohere to the code of ethical conduct to demonstrate emotional intelligence and integrity.
Quickly acknowledges problems, information, hurts, and problems and takes action to address such.
Quickly accept fallibility and errors in personal and business relationships to make amends.
6) Quality of customer service and products.
To create the best of experiences, trainings, products, and customer service. People come first, second products. The counter values are poor attention to detail, to quality, sloppy productions.
Devoting time and energy to taking care of customers and clients.
Asking questions about how to improve the quality of trainings, materials, etc.
Exploring feedback to discover how to use it to improve things.
Asking for feedback for improvement.
7) Direct and forthright communication.
To communicate directly and forthrightly that gets to the heart of things. The The counter values are tri-angling, gossip.
Honorably confront those who violate the Vision to win them back.
Communicate with care to hold each other accountable.
Speaking directly with those we have issues with, no tri-angling with others.
To always ask questions first, seek to understand, and only then make evaluations.
The Empowering Beliefs that create the Neuro-Semantic Vision:
We will congruently respect each other as professionals because
We believe in abundance rather than scarcity.
We believe in cooperation rather than competition.
We can achieve much more together than alone.
We believe in the rich resources which NLP and Neuro_Semantics contributes to the world.
We are part of something bigger than ourselves
Responsible actions manifest our beliefs and increase our credibility
Congruency is our power to truly make a difference in the world.
We stand on the shoulder of giants and are part of the time_binding process.
The future of Neuro-Semantics lies in our hands.
Sharing freely enriches us all and will come back to us a hundred fold.
There’s an attractiveness to a community that lives congruently.
You are as importance to me as I am to myself.
Being held responsible helps me to bring out my best, my personal genius.
People are more important that money and fame.
Recognizing the whole keeps us balanced.
I sign my name here as being willing to live up this Vision, Mission, and these Values of Neuro-Semantics.