In ISNS, we have set standards for NLP Practitioner, Master Practitioner, and Trainer Certification, standards that have been a part of NLP over its history. We accept the standards that Leslie Cameron Bandler published when she first designed these trainings.
NLP PRACTITIONER TRAINING
With so much NLP information now in books, videos, and other forms, we have reduced the Practitioner course to 9 days (90 hours of face-to-face training) and 30 hours reading and study time. While there are numerous ways to format Practitioner training, we recommend three 3-day modules with a day for assessment for 10 days. Prerequisite readings include: User’s Manual of the Brain, Vol. I, Sourcebook of Magic, Vol. I, MovieMind, Communication Magic, Introduction to NLP (O’Connor and Seymour). Training time for the 90 hours is 9 am to 9 pm for 10 hour days.
NLP Practitioner Content:
1) Background for context: The history of NLP and Neuro-Semantics, the Presuppositions of NLP.
2) Communication Model: Representation systems, eye accessing cues, calibration, rapport.
3) States and Meta-States: State awareness and management, the Meta-Stating process.
4) The Linguistics of NLP: How language works, the Meta-Model of Language, the Precision Model, the reframing process.
5) Hypnosis: Introduction to the Milton Model, the relaxation trance.
6) Time-Lines: eliciting and using time-line patterns.
7) Strategies: TOTE strategy format.
8) Patterns: Perceptual Positions, Representational Tracking, Liking and Disliking, Matching and Mirroring, Anchoring, Swish, Meta-Stating Learning, Meta-statng Intentionality, Well-Formed Outcome, Movie Rewind (Phobia cure or V-K Dissociation), Content/ Context Reframing, Trance Induction, Relaxation, Releasing Pain Induction, Identifying Time-Lines, Decision Destroyer, Change Personal History, the S.C.O.R.E. model, the Motivation, Decision, Buying, Love Strategies.
NLP MASTER PRACTITIONER
The Master Practitioner course is 15 (or more) days. While there are many formats, we recommend five 3-day modules covering Meta-States, Meta-Programs, Mind-Lines (reframing), Modeling, Trance, and NLP applications, 6 Step Reframing (optional). Required reading: User’s Manual of the Brain, Vol I, The Spirit of NLP.
Master Practitioner Content:
1) Meta-States (APG: Accessing Personal Genius): Introduces Meta-States model, covering 14 patterns.
2) Meta-Programs: covering the 60 meta-programs; detecting and profiling with meta-programs, using the Meta-Detective Game for learning to detect and use meta-programs.
3) Mind-Lines: covering the 7 directions for framing sand reframing which remodels the old “Sleight of Mouth patterns” with a more structured approach.
4) Modeling experience using the strategy model, NLP communication model, Meta-States Model, sub-modalities, Matrix model, etc. Application to cultural modeling.
5) Trance. Applications using hypnotic language patterns.
6) Applications for either business, selling, health and well-being, self-development as self-actualization, psychotherapy, etc.