L. Michael Hall, Ph.D.
Neuro-Semantic Publications, paperback, $25.
Discover the hidden secrets about NLP as exposed in NLP Secrets to get free from the distorting and deceptive mythologies surrounding NLP. Secrets will give you new eyes for seeing where NLP truly came from, its actual sources, the people who have contributed to its success, and what it is truly about. As Secrets pulls back the curtains, it exposes the shallow and false propaganda. You will be able to hear the amazing Story for what it is.
With an investigative reporting point of view, Secrets boldly goes where no one has gone before— as it reveals character flaws, unethical practices, and self-sabotaging activities which have given NLP its negative press. Secrets also reveals the communication power of NLP—a power for precision, clarity, for modeling expertise, and for enhancing the quality of life. In Secrets you will discover the shocking truth that NLP was not founded solely by two men, there was “a third man,” and there were communities of experimenters without whom it would not have developed. You will discover that NLP was not a discovery of New Agers or 1970s hippies in southern California—it had roots in many scholars and disciplines— Bateson, Korzybski, Miller, Chomsky, etc.
Ready to be surprised and let in on some revealing secrets? Then get ready for an emotional ride— surprises, excitement, discouragement, disbelief, anger, fear, love, etc. They are all a part of the secrets within the story and the truths that today forges NLP as a Professional Communication Model.
NLP SECRETS: Untold Stories
1. Accidents That Started It All (1971-1972) 11
2. Mimicking a Master (1972-1973) 22
3. Then Came the Experiments (1972-1975) 32
4. The Experimenters’ Exemplars (1972–1976) 45
5. Exemplar’s Contributions 58
6. On the Shoulders of the Giants (1933– 1976) 77
7. The Delivery was a Success: NLP’s Birthday (1976) 89
8. The Un-Acknowledged Giants (1933– 1976) 108
9. Established Dis-Unified (1975– 1980) 122
10. Murder She Wrote (1986- 1987) 138
11. NLP Goes International (1986– 1996) 147
12. The Fight Over Ownership (1995-2000) 158
13. The Period of Expansion (The 1990s) 165
14. Expanding by Modeling (1990 — 2018) 176
15. Walking on the Weird-Side 184
16. Forging into the 21st Century (2000– 2018) 191
17. The Next Big Secret 201